If you want a really short answer to why this information will help you, keep in mind that there are a lot of things to take into consideration during a wedding. It’s not just about how you see yourself in the mirror.
People will be looking at you, obviously, and cameras will be flashing in your face all night long. Therefore, here are the dos and don’ts of wedding hair extensions.
- Don’t get synthetic extensions. They may be cheaper, and you may have an easier time finding a color match for your natural hair, but synthetic extensions reflect light too much. Thus, your hair will appear shinier in flash photography – giving it a false look. Do invest in real hair extensions – after all, it is your wedding!
- Do invest in high-quality hair extensions. Research properly and pick the extension type that fits you best. You may spend quite some money, depending on the type you choose, but doing so will ensure that no one will notice that you have extensions on.
- Don’t cut the extensions yourself. Even if you choose to go with clip-on extensions, you should never take the risk and cut them yourself. True, you may be saving a bit of cash, but your hairdresser will make sure that you have a perfect look for your wedding.
- Do experiment with your hair before the big day. It is well-known that hair extensions have to be treated carefully. Because of this, you’ll want to avoid using styling or heat products too much on them. If you have a certain style in mind, make sure to test it before the wedding and ensure that the extensions can handle it.
- Don’t color the extensions yourself! A hairdresser will make sure that the extensions match the color of your natural hair, as well as seamlessly blend it. It goes without saying why you shouldn’t cut or dye your own extensions!
- Do keep in mind that you can wear your hair up. Extensions should not be limiting your hairstyle choices. It’s totally wrong – ponytail or bun, you can have it! Of course, this implies hiding any signs of micro-rings or clips, but it doesn’t mean that it is impossible!
- Don’t go over the top! Given that it’s your wedding day, you may get carried away and find yourself with one too many extensions on your head. As you know, too many extensions on natural hair will usually seem fake and, most importantly, not blend at all!
- Do wash your extensions before the big day! Synthetic or real hair, it doesn’t matter – you have to wash and condition your extensions before the wedding day. They will be squeaky clean and also have any product buildup removed from them.
- Don’t clip in your extensions too close to the hairline. When it comes to clip-on extensions, having them too close to the hairline will make you feel uncomfortable, not to mention the fact that they can easily slip out due to lack of support. Make sure you – or your hairdresser – clip them two inches away from your hairline.
In the end, you can see that having hair extensions on for your wedding is not as easy as it sounds.
However, if you take all of the above into account and pay attention to what you and your hairdresser do, there’s little that could happen to your extensions!